I have a small confession to make. I’m not a big fan of Christmas. Ups. There I said it. Apart from not liking chocolate, that’s probably another unusual (read weird) characteristic about myself. It’s not that I hate Christmas or that I want to hide in a cave for three days while everyone else is singing under the Christmas tree. I’d just rather avoid all the hectic and unhealthy food that comes with it and spend my holidays in the sun. Or like my Aussie friends do it, with a casual BBQ outside in the backyard.
But let’s talk about the things I do actually love about Christmas. And that’s spending time with my family and friends, cooking together and giving each other presents. That’s why I’ve teamed up with The Body Shop. To give you more time for the important things during Christmas. This year you don’t need to run around like a crazy chicken looking for the perfect gift. Or search endless recipe websites for delicious but super healthy and easy Christmas cookies. I’ve got you covered.
You now have the chance to win a The Body Shop gift box for yourself and a friend. Or gift both boxes to friends or buy an extra one for your mum or aunt). The awesome part about this giveaway: All products are vegan and cruelty free, so you do something good for yourself, the nature and our beloved animals. Furthermore The Body Shop has promised to plant 1 sq m of rainforest for every purchased gift box. How awesome is that? For more details head over to my Instagram. Ending Saturday, 10th of December, 8 pm German time. (Only for Germany) #ForceForGood
I’ve also created a new, super easy and 5-ingridient Christmas peanut butter cookies recipe. It’s vegan, gluten-free and will take you only a few minutes. It’ll leave you enough time to enjoy the Christmas gatherings with family and friends. Or even an impromptu spa session with your new The Body Shop products. Either way, if you are anything like me and don’t have the patience to carefully cut and thoughtfully decorate cookies, this recipe is for you.
Christmas Peanut Butter Cookies
- 100 grams / 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 grams / 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 medium sized ripe banana
- ¼ - ½ tsp any Christmas spice (like gingerbread, chai spice or simply cinnamon)
- Optional: 1 tbsp coconut sugar/rice syrup/maple syrup + pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, mash banana with a fork, add peanut butter and almond meal and then stir until well combined
- Add spices, salt, optional sweetener and baking powder to the mixture and whisk for about a minute or until all ingredients are mixed together
- Preheat to 180°C / 350° F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a tea spoon, scoop about 1 spoons worth of cookie dough and form a ball in your hands, place it on baking sheet and press down with fork twice (line a + sign)
- Bake for 10 min but don’t overbake
- Let it cool before serving