Anyone else who can’t stand these dark winter vibes anymore? I’ve had enough of cold, grey days. I want sunshine in my life again, colorful fruit bowls and fresh salads. And I want my high energy level back again. Every year it’s the same procedure. Every winter I’m taken by surprise. Like why is my body and mind suddenly so tired? At times, I don’t even recognize myself anymore. Then I wonder how other people deal with the winter blues. But I quickly realize that I need to find a solution for myself instead of looking at others. And that’s the moments when I get moving.
I go on daily walks outside (running to the supermarket or close by coffee shop does not count), I visit the gym more often, I do yoga and I make myself a green smoothie with my JTC Omni V Blender in the morning. In the past few years, every single winter I went through this exact process. And every single winter I make the same smoothie because my body seems to crave its green, fresh, slightly sour, slightly sweet taste. It’s literally the easiest thing to make.
I usually buy the greens, pineapple, cucumbers and lemons in bulk so I have enough ingredients that last for a work week. There are mornings when I only drink the green juice and have nothing else for breakfast. Then I use the full amount of the recipe’s ingredients. However there are days where I only make half of the amount and have a small bowl of porridge with it. And it also happens sometimes that I add a banana to my green smoothie to make a green smoothie bowl. I prefer to top mine with nutty and dry ingredients like hemp seeds, nut butter, oats, coconut flakes and even vegan chocolate.
Winter Detox Green Smoothie
- Green Smoothie
- 30 grams / 1 cup / 1 handful fresh spinach (or kale or any other dark salad greens)
- 80 grams / 1 small cucumber
- 150 grams / 1 cup chopped pineapple
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 235 ml / 1 cup water
- Green Smoothie Bowl
- 2 bananas
- Toppings of your choice like walnuts, almond butter, hemp seeds, vegan white chocolate, oats
- In a high-speed blender, combine spinach, cucumber, pineapple, lemon and water and blend for at least 60 seconds or until smooth
- Divide between 2 jars and enjoy
- Either pour half of the juice in a jar and add 1 banana to the remaining juice in the blender or add two bananas to the blender
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- Top with nuts, vegan chocolate, nut butter, seeds, oats, slices of banana, coconut flakes
*Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I might earn a commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you for supporting the brands that I like and make black.white.vivid possible.